The Perfect Mistake

She rested herself on the bench, staring at the sunset in front of her. The wind blew a few strands of her hair. She was waiting for someone, wondered if he'd showed up.

"You're here," she spoke as she could feel his presence. 

He nodded lightly. 

She smiled weakly. "I've been waiting for you."

"I know."

"Do you?"

"Maybe."


They sat there for a while. Enjoying each other's presence when she continued, "So this is it?"


"Yeah," he said and rested his eyes on her, while she is still staring straight to the sunset. "I'm merely a shadow."

"A shadow that is truly important to me," she said meekly. 

He smiled. "Appreciate that. But I have to stay and you have to go. Let's just say that we pass by each other. Just a hi," he said.

She looked at him. "It's not just a hi," she said sternly. "I've worked hard."

"And you really did. But you just need to stop."

"Why?"

"I am no where near you."

"But you are here now."

He looked at her, sympathizing. She understood that look and she completely aware of the decision that she had to make.  "Fine," she said, finally. 

He smiled contently. 

"But before you go. Can I ask you one question?"

"Hmm."

"Do you hate me?"

Silence. 

She glanced to the empty seat beside her. Realized she was talking to herself, she sighed and hugged her knees. 

The Perfect Mistake she ever did, meeting him.


Comments

Popular Posts