The child met her eyes and said, "You need somebody killed, don't you? I can do that for you, if you can afford it."

She looked at the little kid in front her, didn't know what to say, didn't know what to believe.

"Come on, the clock is ticking," he said, tapping his boots in a rush manner.

"Quit it, kid. I'm thinking," she bit her nails. The boy was right. She didn't have much time. She had until midnight or she too will face the same fate.

"Okay, let me help you sort out your mind," he took a deep breath and sat on the bench near the street light. "You got five hours to find this guy, this soulmate of yours. You want him dead before midnight or you'll die with him," he grinned.

"I think I figured out that part already," she said sarcastically.

The little boy chuckled. "But there's a catch to every story isn't it?" he said, looking at her with his green eyes.

Crap, he knew. 

"You love him."

Comments

Popular Posts