envious

As he spoke of you, his eyes sparkle in interest.
chuckling at the encounter he had with your father,
how demanding was your father when he asked your hand in marriage.
He told me you have asked him when he'll come to you,
he looked at me and said,
"I don't have anything to offer,
I am neither rich nor having any possession of such,
the only thing I have is the demanding mistress which requires more attention than any other women I met," he grinned, he was talking about his car. Quickly, he placed his fingers on his dry lips.
"We don't want her to hear us, she'll be driving us home," he said jokingly and I laughed amusingly.
Clearly, if you were ever to marry him, he doesn't have anything to offer you yet,
but take into consideration that he's expecting to grow with you is something else
and to his stories, you didn't mind at all.
He said he'll come back for you and at that moment
I know I am overthrow. 
 "Don't be jealous," he laughed mockingly. 
I smiled. "Why would I?" 
You have made me envious of you, 
you accomplished higher than I expected,
I didn't see that coming,
and so, my heart is numb.
Envious I am,
Jealous I am,
Frustrated I am
now that I can do nothing no more.
My hands are tied and my lips are sealed.
No more words of adornment I shall speak,
neither my acts of caring over him.
cause you've won 
and I'm backing away, defeated. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts